Modern cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles come with complex
technology such as digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers,
unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more
efficiently than models of years past. However, they eventually need to be
Before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service, do your homework so you receive the best possible service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
- Do not ignore any warning signals your car may give you.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give your mechanic.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Allow our experienced technicians to diagnose and recommend a remedy.
- It's important to note when the problem occurs. Is it constant or periodic? Does it occur when the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up? Does it happen at all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
Check for the following common vehicle maintenance issues on a regular basis:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, and vibrations.
- When did the problem first start?
How to manage your service experience:
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for an explanation in laymans terms if necessary.
- Don't rush the technicians. You may be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and cost before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Make sure the shop has your contact information readily available, so you can be reached as soon as possible.
What our clients are saying about us
We have established longterm and stable partnerships with various clients thanks to our excellence in solving their automotive needs!
My family and I have taken our vehicles to this location for years back when it was Wayne's and the level service is just as good if not better now that it is Cornerstone. I brought my work truck in for what I feared might be some major brake work and Matt and his team took the utmost care of me. They assessed my issue and fixed my problem for a lot less without completely tearing down the whole ABS system like another shop would have been happily willing to do. Truck was in and out and SAFELY back on the road now! Thanks for always being so awesome!
Brakes, near Arlington, Texas
Won't take my car anywhere else! Honest, knowledgeable, respectful, and trustworthy. These guys fix it right the first time. Matt and Rich have their act together and it shows. They get my repeat business...and I tell everybody I know who needs work on their automobile...GO HERE and NOWHERE ELSE.